If You Are a Single Family Home Owner in the United States with Allura Fiber Cement Siding You Could Get Benefits from a Class Action Settlement.
March 18, 2021 — Exclusion Deadline
March 18, 2021 — Objection Deadline
May 17, 2021 — Final Approval Hearing
- A proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit involving certain Allura branded fiber cement lap siding (“Siding”) manufactured or sold by Plycem USA LLC (“Plycem”). The lawsuit claims that the Siding is defective and is prone to cracking, bowing, shrinking, warping, breakage, or gapping. Defendants contend that the Siding is not defective and performs well when installed correctly. The Court has not made any determination regarding the quality of the Siding.
- You may be included in the Settlement Class if you own a home with: Siding manufactured in Plycem’s plant located in White City, Oregon between February 1, 2014 and May 7, 2014 or manufactured in Plycem’s Roaring River, North Carolina plant between February 1, 2014 and February 18, 2015. The place and date of manufacture are stenciled on the back of each board. There are certain presumptions related to the date of installation that apply, which are described in more detail in the Settlement Agreement.
- The Settlement provides three recovery options for Settlement Class Members with Qualifying Damage, which provide for compensation for repair work or replacement product. The Settlement is contingent upon the Court’s final approval, but Settlement Class Members should register their intent to submit a claim with the Claims Administrator now.
- You may register with the Claims Administrator by Clicking Here or you may mail a statement of your interest to the Claims Administrator. You are strongly encouraged to register if you expect to submit a claim as this will ensure that you receive future communications about the settlement.
- The notice provides only a summary of the terms of the Settlement Agreement (which is available for review at the Settlement website). Capitalized terms in the notice have a specific, defined meaning. If the meaning of a capitalized term is not included in the notice, please refer to the Settlement Agreement for the meaning.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
SUBMIT A CLAIM
|This is the only way to receive benefits under the Settlement. You may register / open a claim by Clicking Here or calling 1-844-530-0355. You will then receive instructions for filling out a claim form and submitting a claim package. Although you should register with the Claims Administrator now, you can open and submit a claim for Qualifying Damage only during the two years following the Effective Date of the Settlement which is defined in the Settlement Agreement.|
|You will not receive any benefits from the Settlement, but you will keep any rights you currently have to separately sue Defendants for the claims that are the subject of this lawsuit. The deadline to exclude yourself is March 18, 2021.|
OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT
|You may write to the Court explaining why you object to the Settlement. Any objection must be filed no later than March 18, 2021.|
GO TO THE HEARING
|You may ask to speak in Court about the Settlement. The Final Approval Hearing is scheduled for May 17, 2021.|
DO NOTHING AT ALL
|You should not submit a claim now, but you should register your intent to submit a claim with the Claims Administrator now. However, if you do not exclude yourself and do not submit a claim prior to the claim submission deadline, you will not receive benefits from the Settlement and you will give up any rights you currently have as specified in the Settlement Agreement to separately sue Defendants for the claims being resolved by the Settlement.|
These rights and options – and the deadlines to exercise them – are explained in the Notice.